SAINT EUPHRASIA - A PRAYNG MOTHER
- Saint Euphrasia Eluvathingal was an Indian Carmelite nun of Syro Malabar church.
- Born on 17th October 1877 in the ancient Catholic family of Eluvathingal Cherupukaran Anthony and Kunjethy in Kattur Village of Edathurthy Parish of Thrissur – Kerala.
- She had to overcome many obstacles before she became the member of Carmelite congregation – founded by St Kuriakose Eias Chavara in 1866 at Koonammavu.
- After a long life humility, poverty and holiness St Euphrasia passed away on 29th 1952 in St.Mary’s convent , Ollur, Thrissur.
- St Euphrasia was a humble CMC nun who personalised the prayer heritage and lived to the divine inspiration.
- Consistency in prayer raised her to the heights of sanctity .
- Mother Euphrasia was canonized as saint by Pope Francis on 23rd November 2014 in Vatican City.